Information in this chapter:
• Contingency Planning Core Principles
• Contingency Planning and Continuity of Operations
• Context and Scope for Information System Contingency Plans
• Developing the Information System Contingency Plan
• Contingency Planning and the Risk Management Framework
Introduction to Contingency Planning
Mission execution in federal agencies relies on information systems and related technology to support mission and business functions, provide and maintain key information, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of programs, initiatives, and operational processes. The fundamental role played by information systems in supporting agency operations makes it essential for agencies and their system ...