Information in this chapter:
• Privacy Requirements for Federal Agencies under FISMA and the E-Government Act
• Federal Agency Requirements Under the Privacy Act
• Privacy Impact Assessments
• Protecting Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
• Other Legal and Regulatory Sources of Privacy Requirements
Information systems store and process many types of data. In many systems, some of that data includes personal details about individuals, the collection, use, and disclosure of which is protected by a variety of laws and regulations. In government contexts the official term for this sort of data is personally identifiable information , and most of the legal and regulatory requirements currently in effect are intended to protect ...