Information in this chapter:
• Network Security-Related Initiatives
• Government-wide Application Security Initiatives
• Identity and Access Management Initiatives
• Executive Branch Programs, Directives, and Requirements
• Information Resources Management Initiatives
Although FISMA and associated implementation guidance specify a wide array of requirements for federal agencies, the scope of information security management in government organizations extends well beyond FISMA. Federal agencies are subject to a variety of security-related regulations, policy directives, and other sources of requirements driven by government-wide programs, priorities, and initiatives that information system owners, security officers, ...