This is the book that will show you how to ensure customers are raving about your products and services and come back for more. During years of extensive research, Michael Heppell has proven that the best customer service experiences cost little if anything at all. In this book he gives you over 100 instant tips, 50 examples of the best practices, over a dozen brand new techniques and multiple strategies to equip you with a winning edge to knockout your customers.
Five Star Service on a One Star Budget is another easy read, high impact title from the bestselling author of How to Be Brilliant, Michael Heppell. His first book is a global besteller and continues to sell well around the world. Now hes switched his focus to helping everyone achieve service excellence with the minimum of investment. Whether its studying the Disney parking system or enrolling students at college; going behind the scenes in the worlds top hotels or becoming the office hero, Five Star Service on a One Star Budget will show you how to wow your customers, colleagues and cohorts and it wont break the budget!
The book comprises 50 small chapters with lots of anecdotes, easy to use information and fun ideas. With a goal that there should be something for everyone, something that you can use immediately, which will have an impact on your life, an impact on your customers lives and an impact on the success of your organisation.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- 1 The Service Star™
- 2 Wee Wows
- 3 Heads up!
- 4 Putting on the Ritz
- 5 Complaints - a chance to shine!
- 6 Embracing new technology
- 7 Beware the silent customer
- 8 RADAR thinking™
- 9 RADAR thinking™ at work
- 10 The emotional bank account
- 11 99 per cent of people are good ...
- 12 The top three referability habits
- 13 Ring the bell
- 14 The customer is always right - not!
- 15 Feel, felt, found
- 16 What's in a smile?
- 17 One chance to make a first impression
- 18 I honestly don't care about your problems
- 19 Empowering staff
- 20 Prepare for and relish competition
- 21 It's not what you say
- 22 It's your best friend - the awkward customer
- 23 Building a customer service brand
- 24 Be individual, encourage individuals
- 25 Service values
- 26 Recruiting service professionals
- 27 Super scripts
- 28 Voicemail, answering machines and automated call queue systems
- 29 Telephone service
- 30 Advanced telephone service
- 31 Customer magic moments
- 32 What's in a name?
- 33 Know your competition
- 34 Speed it up!
- 35 Systemise routines - personalise exceptions
- 36 Making the mundane marvellous
- 37 The distraction of dirt
- 38 Send cards
- 39 Designing fantastic service
- 40 Creativity gives better service
- 41 Suppliers are customers too
- 42 Service PR
- 43 The blind spot
- 44 Big Buyer is watching you
- 45 Secret shopper
- 46 Special requirements
- 47 Sell me a solution
- 48 Take it from the top
- 49 Hills and valleys
- 50 Spanners and Heroes
- 51 Using 5 Star Service as a training resource
- About the Author
- Title: Five Star Service, One Star Budget
- Release date: May 2013
- Publisher(s): Pearson Education Limited
- ISBN: 9780273707929
You might also like
Perfect Phrases for Leadership Development: Hundreds of Ready-to-Use Phrases for Guiding Employees to Reach the Next Level
THE RIGHT PHRASE FOR EVERY SITUATION . . . EVERY TIME Leadership development has become a …
Perfect Phrases for Creativity and Innovation: Hundreds of Ready-to-Use Phrases for Break-Through Thinking, Problem Solving, and Inspiring Team Collaboration
THE RIGHT PHRASE FOR EVERY SITUATION . . . EVERY TIMEIn today’s fast-moving economy and competitive …
Perfect Phrases for Icebreakers: Hundreds of Ready-to-Use Phrases to Set the Stage for Productive Conversations, Meetings, and Events
The Right Phrase for Every Situation . . . Every Time You know that how you …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …