4. Understanding Basic Troubleshooting
In This Chapter
• Learning how to determine the source of whatever problem is bedeviling your PC
• Going through some standard troubleshooting tips and techniques
• Troubleshooting PC startup woes
• Learning how to wield the Windows troubleshooting tools
If you find yourself in a bit of a pickle because your PC is acting wonky (or not acting at all), you’ve come to the right place. This chapter provides you with a number of strategies and techniques for not only diagnosing the problem, but also fixing whatever’s gone haywire with your PC. If these basic troubleshooting steps don’t solve the problem, not to worry: the next three chapters take you deeper into troubleshooting territory.