Chapter 3. Getting Familiar with SmartFoxServer
We have discussed some basic zone room relationship and architecture in previous chapters. We have also set up the development environment and get basic concept on a Flash virtual world. In this chapter, we are going to learn to use the SmartFoxServer by configuring it and making some simple connection applications.
We will discuss the following topics in this chapter:
- Structure of the configuration file for the SmartFoxServer
- Meaning of some important settings variables
- Configuration structure of the zone and room architecture
- Debugging methods without the Flash IDE
- Flash security policy
- Writing a basic cooperative whiteboard application
Configuring a basic SmartFoxServer
As a socket server, there are many ...