Appendix B. Handwaving at omitted topics
This appendix is my version of handwaving at important topics that aren’t covered in the book. There are varied reasons for their omission. For example:
- I don’t have infinite time.
- A really good tutorial has been written, and I wouldn’t be adding much value.
- The topic is important but too far outside the scope of the book.
- The topic is primarily a Flex or Rails topic, and the interaction isn’t particularly interesting.
- I don’t have anything interesting or original to say about the topic.
Regardless of the reason, important topics have been omitted from the book. However, I would feel guilty if I didn’t at least mention them. So, here goes.
Testing is very important. How dare I relegate ...