Video descriptionTake this course and learn Flutter in no time at all: it’s a must.
Alain Lompo, Software Developer, Senacor
In 2018, mobile app downloads topped 194 billion, and experts forecast that number to rise another 30% or more by 2022. As a developer, you need a fast, safe, efficient way to take advantage of this incredible opportunity! Enter: Flutter, a game-changing software development kit designed for building lightning-fast, stunning apps that run on iOS and Android.
Flutter in Motion walks you through a complete Flutter application start to finish! Through rich visual content and seasoned developer Scott Cornell’s expert instruction, you’ll learn about widget trees, element trees, reactive programming with Flutter, and the differences between implicit, transition, and explicit animations. You’ll discover key Flutter design patterns and best practices, learn how to handle asynchronous calls, and use ahead-of-time (AOT) and just-in-time (JIT) compilation for customization, general performance, and hot reloading.
You’ll also learn how to take advantage of Flutter’s built-in widgets while you build a fully functioning money management application. Along the way, you’ll gain exposure to Google’s Dart programming language, easy to learn for anyone with experience with a high-level language.
- Reactive programming with Flutter
- Using AOT and JIT for production and development
- Widget keys and when to use them
- Handling asynchronous calls
- Using implicit, explicit, and transition animations
- How to handle user input
- Flutter design patterns, anti-patterns, and best practices
Scott Cornell has been a developer for over 18 years. His work has run the gamut from desktop applications to Web and mobile apps. He loves to learn new technologies, including cross-platform mobile frameworks such as React Native, Xamarin, Ionic, NativeScript and Flutter.
A great introduction to cross platform mobile application development with Flutter.
Julien Pohie, Software Engineer, Dell
Excellent step by step guide to bootstrap your Flutter development.
George Onofrei, DevEx Solutions
Table of contents
- 1. INTRODUCTION
- 2. INSTALLATION AND SETUP
- 3. WIDGETS AND THEMES
- 4. LAYOUTS AND NAVIGATION
- 5. FORMS AND STATE
6. STORAGE AND LISTS
- SQLite, provider package, and a model 00:07:47
- Saving data 00:05:25
- Retrieving data 00:09:13
- Lets do it again with types 00:07:40
- Populate dropdowns from SQLite and save with transactions 00:09:33
- How to view a SQLite database 00:05:13
- Deleting an item with the Dismissible widget 00:05:35
- Getting totals 00:04:42
- 7. MORE WIDGETS AND CLASSES
- 8. ANIMATION
- 9. NETWORKING
- 10. DEPLOYMENT
- Title: Flutter in Motion
- Release date: December 2019
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: None
You might also like
Grokking Algorithms is a friendly take on this core computer science topic. In it, you'll learn …
Learning React, 2nd Edition
If you want to learn how to build efficient React applications, this is your book. Ideal …
Introducing Python, 2nd Edition
Easy to understand and fun to read, this updated edition of Introducing Python is ideal for …