There are several options when considering what sort of foam is best for the project. One way to start the decision process is to ask yourself the needs of the project.
Questions to ask:
- How big will the item be?
- Will it be covered or painted?
- How will you build it—by building up layers and carving or by relying mostly on the patterned skin?
- How will it move?
- Does it need to be flexible?
- How durable does it need to be?
- How long is your construction period?
Remember there are no rules when working with foam. Just as long as the finished product meets all the design requirements, it is possible to ...