Advanced Object And Character Control
You now have all the skills you need to build a wide variety of games, but there's still much more you'll want to learn. In this chapter, we'll take a look at the following useful techniques you'll need to know to get started on your own professional-level game design projects:
- Using easing for smooth motion
- Controlling game characters with the mouse
- Moving objects in the direction of their rotation
- Firing bullets in all directions
- Learning basic enemy artificial intelligence (AI): following, running away, and firing bullets in the direction of the player
- Complex player-controlled objects: a spaceship, ...