Focused and friendly introduction to making games with HTML5.
Essential programming and graphic design techniques for building games, with each chapter gently building on the skills of preceding chapters.
Detailed case studies demonstrating techniques that can be used for making games in a wide variety of genres.
What you'll learn
Get a thorough grounding in HTML5 and good programming practices, with minimal prior programming experience required.
Discover how to build logic, adventure, and 2D action games in a wide range of genres.
Master collision detection, Enemy AI systems, player control, basic physics and easy trigonometry.
Understand the strategies for making games fun to play and easy to build.
Who this book is for
Table of contents
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
- About the Cover Image Artist
- Chapter 1: Learning HTML and CSS
- Chapter 3: Your First Games
- Chapter 4: Creating a Game World
- Chapter 5: Making Maps
- Chapter 6: Game Objects and Animation
- Chapter 7: Game Sprites
- Chapter 8: Bumping into Things
- Chapter 9: Making Video Games
- Chapter 10: Maze Games
- Chapter 11: Platform Games and Physics
- Chapter 12: Touch and the Mouse
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): friends of ED
- ISBN: 9781430247166
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
CCNP and CCIE Enterprise Core ENCOR 350-401 Official Cert Guide
Trust the best-selling Official Cert Guide series from Cisco Press to help you learn, prepare, and …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Sharpen your Python skills as you dive deep into the Python programming language with Serious Python. …