After completing this chapter, you will be able to
• Design enterprise campus network infrastructures
• Review high-availability campus design features and make recommendations
• Describe Layer 2 campus design options and make recommendations
• Describe Layer 3 campus design options and make recommendations
• Discuss options for Layer 2 to Layer 3 boundary placement in the campus
• Describe infrastructure service considerations, including IP telephony, QoS, and Cisco Catalyst Integrated Security features
This chapter discusses the Catalyst line of Cisco switching only. There is both feature parity and enhancement in the Nexus switching platform for both high-performance and data center applications. ...