Features access to video tutorials!
Designed to help architects, planners, and landscape architects use freehand sketching to quickly and creatively generate design concepts, Freehand Drawing and Discovery uses an array of cross-disciplinary examples to help readers develop their drawing skills. Taking a "both/and" approach, this book provides step-by-step guidance on drawing tools and techniques and offers practical suggestions on how to use these skills in conjunction with digital tools on real-world projects. Illustrated with nearly 300 full color drawings, the book includes a series of video demonstrations that reinforces the sketching techniques.
Table of Contents
- A Note on the Contributors
Part 1: Learning a Language
- Chapter 1: The Freehand Renaissance
- Chapter 2: Nine Keys to Exploratory Drawing
- Chapter 3: Elements and Entourage
- Chapter 4: Creating Believable Worlds
- Part 2: Urban Sketching
- Part 3: Concept Sketching
- Title: Freehand Drawing and Discovery: Urban Sketching and Concept Drawing for Designers
- Release date: February 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118421208