- Describe proactive behavior.
- Distinguish between first- and second-order problem solving.
- Compare the five types of group decision-making styles.
- Relate the four steps of an appreciative inquiry process.
- Define the concept of polarity management.
- Explain the polarity grid and the process for using it to reach action steps.
Leaders are proactive—and able to make something happen under conditions of extreme uncertainty and urgency.
J. W. Kouzes and B. Z. Posner, Encouraging the Heart
Savvy leaders understand that process simply for the sake of process is not acceptable. How we achieve results is important, but achieving results, solving problems, and making improvements are ways that effective leaders ...