DevOps has been around for nearly a decade, yet many production teams have only just begun to migrate their products from physical data centers to cloud platforms. If your company is contemplating a move to DevOps, there are many factors to consider besides the ease and speed of deployment. Your ideas of web performance and capacity planning will also change, along with your role in the production process.
This report explains how web performance fits into the modern landscape of a cross-functional DevOps team. Author Tom Barker, Senior Director of Software Engineering and Development at Comcast, shows you how to achieve quick performance wins by taking a holistic, full stack view of your web application. Web developers, DevOps engineers, engineering managers, and architects will learn how to approach issues that affect the client-side, infrastructure, and operations capabilities of your application.
- Client-side: use tools to test your application speed and capture real user metrics around client-side performance
- Infrastructure: leverage a content delivery network (CDN) to shorten the route between application servers and your users
- Operations: monitor your application and debug performance issues in production with an Application Performance Management (APM) tool
- Next steps: Get free trials of CDNs and APMs before committing to any provider
Table of contents
- 1. Client-Side
- 2. Accomplishing Web Performance Wins via Infrastructure
- 3. Operationalize Performance
- 4. Next Steps
- Title: Full Stack Web Performance
- Release date: November 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491988442
You might also like
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Python for DevOps
Much has changed in technology over the past decade. Data is hot, the cloud is ubiquitous, …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Java: The Complete Reference, Eleventh Edition, 11th Edition
The Definitive Java Programming Guide Fully updated for Java SE 11, Java: The Complete Reference, Eleventh …