CHAPTER 2: LEAN PRINCIPLES AND CONCEPTS
In the previous chapter we considered some of the key concepts for lean. But how do you actually complete a lean project? What are the tools and how are they used? We will consider these questions in this chapter.
Lean principles are used to methodically examine business and related processes focusing on customer value and the elimination of waste. The benefits of this approach include:
• Focusing on satisfying customers hence increasing future income streams.
• Identifying and evaluating potential bottlenecks or other problem areas.
• Increasing the efficiency of the organisation.
• Saving money, e.g. by reducing overheads.
• Simplifying processes.
• Being able to demonstrate conformity ...