By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• List four benefits of going through Step I of the BWP.
• List two questions writers should ask themselves about their purpose.
• List five questions writers should ask themselves about their audience.
• Define the 5W’s and 1H technique.
• Use a Purpose and Audience Analysis Sheet (PAAS) in approaching a writing task.
Give the customer what he or she wants, not what you think the customer ought to have.
Most people’s educational experiences fostered attitudes about writing that fit the academic world, but don’t fit the ...