7Step IV: Revise Your Writing: Format the Document
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Make paragraphs more readable by: shortening them converting blocks of text into vertical lists using parallel structure.
• Use headings or headlines appropriately and distinguish between the two.
• Name several strategies for increasing white space.
• Distinguish between foil-block and traditional letter formats.
• Distinguish between right-justified and ragged-right margins.
An attractive format invites the audience to read the document.
GOOD FORMATTING MAKES DOCUMENTS EASIER TO READ
While leading companies in the United ...