Fundamentals of Human Resources Management is a comprehensive and up-to-date guide to virtually every aspect of human resources management from understanding the basic HR functions to using the internet for recruiting to selecting the latest HRIS. Whether new to the profession or a newly promoted professional, students will find in this course all the information and skills they need to do their job and make a positive impact in their organization.
Students will learn how to:
• Write job descriptions and specifications; develop cost-effective, competitive compensation and benefits programs
• Recruit, select, interview, and hire more qualified employees in full compliance with Federal and State laws
• Implement a results-based performance management plan
• Develop policies and procedures manuals and employee handbooks
• Select and use a Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
• Evaluate training options to provide optimal training and development opportunities for all workers
• Build a mentoring program to aid in succession planning
• Create HR budgets and strategic plans that align with senior management priorities
• Leverage new information on employee assistance and health insurance options to strengthen employee benefit programs
Now completely revised, the fifth edition of this course covers new trends in training and development, the latest thinking on hiring, updated information on employment-related legal issues, insight on the changing role of unions, guidance on online recruitment and the smart use of social media, information on electronic performance management systems, a glossary of key terms, and much more. This trusted resource equips students to meet today’s HR challenges and gain competitive advantage for their companies.