The Human Resources Function: An Overview
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Outline the history of personnel/human resources (HR).
• Identify the qualities recommended for today’s successful HR practitioner.
• Prepare to address various human resources challenges.
• Determine when to establish a human resources function.
• Differentiate between the HR function in small and mid-sized vs. large organizations.
• Distinguish between the respective responsibilities of HR specialists and non-HR practitioners.
In anticipation of writing a fifth edition of Fundamentals of Human Resources Management ...