HR Management and Employment-Related Legal Issues
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Identify federal legislation relating to employment.
• Articulate the impact of employment-related legislation on the HR function.
• Define at-will employment and termination.
• List the steps required to guard against charges of negligent hiring and retention.
• Describe the procedures necessary to avoid discrimination charges.
Cara Chon has just been hired as the AVP of HR at Peetry Inc., a manufacturing firm with 487 employees, and will report directly to the president. Having worked for two years ...