By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Describe recent benefits trends.
• Identify the primary objectives of benefits programs.
• Define federally mandated employee benefits.
• Summarize additional benefits legislation.
• Determine health care insurance plan options.
• Select an insurance carrier.
Celeste is the director of Human Resources for a large, popular fast-food chain. Though she has an HR manager and two HR assistants who normally conduct all the employment interviews, she has just finished two weeks of personally interviewing more than a dozen applicants ...