Having trouble with Lesson Six: Extending Joomla? Or want a sneak peek? The complete lesson is available for free download at: informit.com/title/9780137017812
9+ Hours of Video Instruction
Joomla! is a powerful solution for webmasters and developers working with all types of sites. In this one-of-a-kind video package, top Joomla consultant and Prentice Hall author Barrie M. North shows you exactly how to use Joomla! to build sophisticated websites that are incredibly easy to edit and update. You’ll master Joomla! through 13 comprehensive video lessons, and you’ll have your first Joomla! site running faster than you ever expected!
North walks you through every essential skill you’ll need, including installation, administration, site and content organization, template development, content updates, and much more. Just click, watch, and learn the most efficient ways to build dynamic pages, provide intuitive navigation, work with modules and components, and even optimize Joomla! sites for search engines.
You’ll then be able to watch as North builds four complete sites with Joomla!--a school site, a blog, a small business site, and a membership site--with every stage captured on video. You’ll master Joomla! best practices at your own pace, as you learn how to deliver production-quality solutions quickly and efficiently!
Looking for a better way to master today’s rapidly changing technologies? Want expert help, but don’t have the time or energy to read a book? Can’t find classroom training worth the money? Discover LiveLessons: self-paced, personal video instruction from the world’s leading experts.
LiveLessons are DVD video courses organized into bite-sized, self-contained sessions--you’ll learn key skills in as little as 15 minutes!
Each session begins with well-defined learning objectives and ends with comprehensive summaries, which help you track your progress.
Follow along as your instructor shows exactly how to get great results in your real-world environment.
Operating System: Windows 98, 2000, XP, or Vista; Mac OS X
Multimedia: DVD drive, 1280 x 960 or higher display, and sound card with speakers
Computer: 500MHz or higher, 128MB RAM or more
Lesson 1 Content Management Systems and an Introduction to Joomla! [00:16:11]
Lesson 2 Downloading and Installing Joomla! [00:26:03]
Lesson 3 Joomla! Administration Basics [00:29:58]
Lesson 4 Organizing Your Content [00:37:28]
Lesson 5 Menus and Navigation [00:30:12]
Lesson 6 Extending Joomla! [00:41:32]
Lesson 7 Expanding Your Content: Articles and Editors [00:50:54]
Lesson 8 Getting Traffic to Your Site [00:29:17]
Lesson 9 Creating a Pure CSS Template [01:11:59]
Lesson 10 Creating a School Website [01:34:22]
Lesson 11 Creating a Restaurant Website [00:39:09]
Lesson 12 Creating a Blog Website [00:37:50]
Bonus Lesson 13 Creating a Membership Website [00:51:03]
Table of Contents
- Welcome to Fundamentals of Joomla! 00:03:54
- Lesson 1: An Introduction to Joomla! 00:17:02
- Lesson 2: Downloading and Installing Joomla! 00:26:55
- Lesson 3: Joomla! Administration Basics 00:30:43
- Lesson 4: Organizing Your Content 00:38:10
- Lesson 5: Menus and Navigation 00:31:06
- Lesson 6: Extending Joomla! 00:42:23
- Lesson 7: Expanding Your Content: Articles and Editors 00:51:57
- Lesson 8: Getting Traffic to Your Site 00:30:30
- Lesson 9: Creating a Pure CSS Template 1:13:05
- Lesson 10: Creating a School Website 1:35:19
- Lesson 11: Creating a Restaurant Website 00:40:09
- Lesson 12: Creating a Blog Website 00:38:53
- Lesson 13: Creating a Membership Website 00:51:59
- Installing WAMP 00:04:15
- Title: Fundamentals of Joomla! (Video Training)
- Release date: June 2009
- Publisher(s): Prentice Hall
- ISBN: 9780137031979