1. What characteristics distinguish mobile computing from distributed computing?
2. Conduct a survey to find out about the state-of-the-art in mobile computing.
3. Compare the mobile computing applications supported on cellular phones with those supported on laptops and personal digital assistants (PDAs).
4. What are the most important challenges facing mobile computing today? Explain each of the challenges.
5. Adaptation requires a mobile client to sense changes in its environment (such as, change in the received signal strength, and roundtrip delays), guess the cause of these changes, and then react appropriately. However, a mobile client can only have local information about its environment. Give an example showing ...