After years as a consultant to some of the world's biggest brands and having owned ten companies himself, Troy Hazard has learned crucial lessons on predicting potential business issues before you experience them. Now Troy offers you the skills to prepare your business for a better future. Along with his stories of what works, he also shares his experiences of what doesn't work. With a mix of entertaining real life extracts, client case studies, and personal experiences, Future Proofing Your Business offers potent and refined tools that have been road tested in real-world situations and aren't taught in business school.
Learn how to turn obstacles into opportunities
Break down business barriers created by bad belief systems
Develop powerful leadership skills through stronger personal awareness
Know if you're driving your business into the future or into the ground
Discover how to make change a consciousness not just an action.
Understand your future through a greater understanding of yourself
All through the author's extensive experience in his own companies and as a consultant for major world brands
Troy's philosophy on how to future-proof your business is anchored in one core belief: "Business happens in cycles. Your ability to manage these cycles successfully lies in how you interpret information from the past and deal with it in the present, to be more resilient through cycles of the future."
Troy Hazard (San Diego CA.; www.troyhazard.com) has founded and nurtured ten businesses over two decades, turned around businesses that were experiencing enormous losses, and consulted to countless successful companies around the world. These business talents earned him international respect, so much so that he was elected by the world's foremost business leaders for the role of Global President of the Entrepreneurs' Organization. For over a decade Troy has been a host and regular guest on many national television and radio shows as a business commentator and a feature writer for magazines. More recently he has become a regular voice of authority on The Biz Television Network, the CBS Talk Radio Network, and the Business Talk Radio Network, and is a regular writer in publications across the country.
Table of Contents
- INTRODUCTION: The Universal Lesson of Business
- I. Take Responsibility
II. Review You
- 4. The Value of Vision
- 5. The Need to Lead
- 6. I'm Done!
III. Reality Check
7. The Information Age
- 7.1. All Information Comes at a Price
- 7.2. Network
- 7.3. Join Groups or Organizations
- 7.4. Attend Learning Events
- 7.5. Set Yourself a Course
- 7.6. Write It Down
- 8. Strategy that Sticks
- 9. The Rewards of Rewards
- 10. Show Me the Money
- 11. Meaningful Marketing
- 7. The Information Age
- IV. Create Rhythm
- V. Lead the Revolution
YOUR PERSONAL WORKBOOK: Real-Life Strategies to Prepare Your Business for Tomorrow, Today
- 13.1. Now It's Time for You
- 13.2. Chapter 1 The Lesson of Learning
- 13.3. Chapter 2 Truth and Reality versus Fear and Greed
- 13.4. Chapter 3 Make Time to Make It Easier
- 13.5. Chapter 4 The Value of Vision
- 13.6. Chapter 5 The Need to Lead
- 13.7. Chapter 6 I'm Done!
- 13.8. Chapter 7 The Information Age
- 13.9. Chapter 8 Strategy that Sticks
- 13.10. Chapter 9 The Rewards of Rewards
- 13.11. Chapter 10 Show Me the Money
- 13.12. Chapter 11 Meaningful Marketing
- 13.13. Chapter 12 Routine = Rhythm = Revenue
- 13.14. Chapter 13 Change or Die!
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Title: Future-Proofing Your Business: Real-Life Strategies to Prepare Your Business for Tomorrow, Today
- Release date: December 2010
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470638972