This group contains modules that are optional for any platform. This means that if a particular functionality is not available on some platform or there is nobody willing to spend time working on this functionality for a platform, it will not prevent Qt from supporting this platform. We'll mention some of the most important modules here:
- Qt Concurrent: This handles multi-threaded processing
- Qt 3D: This provides high-level OpenGL building blocks
- Qt Gamepad: This enables applications to support gamepad hardware
- Qt D-Bus: This allows your application to communicate with others via the D-Bus mechanism
- Qt XML Patterns: This helps us to access XML data
Many other modules are also available, but we will not cover them here.