Number criteria is a great game for ordering three digits from a choice of five to meet different number criteria.
- To read and write numbers with three digits.
- Know what each digit represents in terms of its place and face value.
- A game for two players
- Paper and pencils
- Digit cards 0–9, number dice
- Number criteria grid
What to do
- Organise children into pairs and give them each a copy of the Number criteria grid shown here.
- Players shuffle a set of digit cards and deal out five.
- For each round, players look at their five cards and select three to match the criteria. For example, one player may have the following cards 9 7 2 1 8 and another player may have ...