Across the road
Across the road is an addition activity for practice in adding single-digit numbers.
- Derive and recall all pairs of numbers with a total of 12.
- Across the road number pavements
- Coloured counters
- Two 1–6 dice
What to do
- Children get into pairs.
- Give each player six counters of one colour each.
- Give each pair the Across the road number pavements. The strips are presented on one sheet with a gap between them. Imagine the gap to be a road and the strips as pavements.
- Choose a number strip and place your counters next to any of the numbers. ...