My difference is a game to help children find the difference between 2- and 3-digit numbers.
- To subtract combinations of 3- and 2-digit numbers.
- To refine calculation methods.
- This game is for small groups of three or four
- My difference number board
- Pencil and paper
What to do
- Give each pair of players a copy of the My difference number grid shown here.
- Explain that the aim of the activity is to find as many pairs of numbers as possible with a difference of 25. For example, 164 – 139 = 25.
- Challenge groups to find as many as they can.
- The group with the most ...