- To start with need for the Chemical Kinetics chapter and general description of rates of the reactions.
- To introduce rate laws or equations.
- To derive differential, integrated rate laws and half-life time for first order reaction.
- To derive differential, integrated rate laws and half-life time for second order reaction.
- To derive differential, integrated rate laws and half-life time for zero order reaction.
- To describe a model for chemical kinetics and develop the Arrhenius equation of activation energy of a reaction (simple collision theory followed by activated reaction rate theory).
- To outline catalytic poisoning and enzyme catalysis.
- To introduce concept of catalysis and its two main types.
Get General Chemistry now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.