Properties of Solutions (Colligative Properties)
- To state the aim of the chapter Properties of Solutions.
- To introduce a few terms useful for this chapter.
- To highlight conditions for ideal solutions with examples for ideal solutions and real solutions.
- To state properties of solvents such as vapour pressure, boiling point, and freezing point.
- To define Raoult’s law and its detailed derivation.
- To describe in detail the experiment for the determination of relative lowering of vapour pressure by Ostwald and Walker’s method.
- To solve numerical problems associated with Raoult’s law.
- To investigate the effect of added non-volatile, non-electrolyte solute on the boiling point of a solvent.
- To derive the relationship between ...
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.