Chemistry of Hydrocarbons and Their Derivatives
- To begin with the chemistry of acyclic alkanes including nomenclature, isomers, combustion reaction, substitution reaction, dehydrogenation reaction and catalytic cracking.
- To outline the chemistry of alkenes and alkynes including nomenclature, isomers, various addition reactions, Markovnikov’s rule, alkene cleavage reaction and synthesis of alkenes.
- To briefly state keto-enol tautomerism.
- To elaborate on the chemistry of aromatic hydrocarbons including resonance structure, nomenclature, substitution reactions, alkylation, acylation, oxidation and reduction reactions.
- To describe the chemistry of alcohols and phenols starting with nomenclature, synthesis, various reactions ...
Get General Chemistry now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.