- To start with need for the Nuclear Chemistry chapter.
- To define basic terms such as isotopes, isobars, isotones, isomers, and mirror nuclei.
- To describe radioactive elements and their decay .
- To illustrate nuclear instability with possible decay towards nuclear stability.
- To state magic numbers.
- To elaborate four types of radioactive decays with examples.
- To describe artificial radioactivity.
- To illustrate nuclear fission and fusion reaction with an example for each type.
- To elaborate the mass defect and binding energy of the nucleus from it.
- To define kinetics of radioactive decay with numerical problems.
- To briefly outline radioactive series.
- To state applications of isotopes.
- To illustrate carbon-14 ...
Get General Chemistry now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.