- Classification Based on Type of Therapy
- Classification Based on the Method of Therapy
- Vectors Used
- Non-viral Vector Systems
- Special Gene Therapy Strategies
There are various types of gene therapy that can be done. This is based on either:
- the type of therapy that is done or
- the mode of therapy (how it is done)
Gene therapy A technique for the treatment of genetic disease in which a gene that is absent or defective is replaced by a functional gene.
There are 2 types of gene therapy done in this case. It includes:
- gene augmentation and
- gene inhibition
This technique is usually performed if the diseased gene is recessive. ...