Get Programming with Go introduces you to the powerful Go language without confusing jargon or high-level theory. By working through 32 quick-fire lessons, you’ll quickly pick up the basics of the innovative Go programming language!
About the Technology
Go is a small programming language designed by Google to tackle big problems. Large projects mean large teams with people of varying levels of experience. Go offers a small, yet capable, language that can be understood and used by anyone, no matter their experience.
About the Book
Hobbyists, newcomers, and professionals alike can benefit from a fast, modern language; all you need is the right resource! Get Programming with Go provides a hands-on introduction to Go language fundamentals, serving as a solid foundation for your future programming projects. You’ll master Go syntax, work with types and functions, and explore bigger ideas like state and concurrency, with plenty of exercises to lock in what you learn.
- Language concepts like slices, interfaces, pointers, and concurrency
- Seven capstone projects featuring spacefaring gophers, Mars rovers, ciphers, and simulations
- All examples run in the Go Playground — no installation required!
About the Reader
This book is for anyone familiar with computer programming, as well as anyone with the desire to learn.
About the Authors
Nathan Youngman organizes the Edmonton Go meetup and is a mentor with Canada Learning Code. Roger Peppé contributes to Go and runs the Newcastle upon Tyne Go meetup.
Table of Contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About this book
- About the authors
- Unit 0. Getting started
- Unit 1. Imperative programming
- Unit 2. Types
- Unit 3. Building blocks
- Unit 4. Collections
- Unit 5. State and behavior
- Unit 6. Down the gopher hole
- Unit 7. Concurrent programming
- Conclusion. Where to Go from here
- Appendix. Solutions
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: Get Programming with Go
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781617293092