Staying current on tools and trends is always a challenge in emerging technologies. There’s good news though. An abundance of resources, vendor research, webcasts, and standards groups (groups that promote best practices) await you online, where you can learn new tools and keep up on the latest vendor news and offerings.
With more than 1,000 companies that have big data products or services, I can’t list them all. Instead, the following list includes the major players in the big data space:
- Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com/big-data): Amazon Web Services offers a set of cloud services around big data storage and computing resources.
- Big Data University (www.bigdatauniversity.com): Big Data University is an online community dedicated to educating people on big data. It’s funded by IBM and is free.
- Birst (www.birst.com): Birst is a cloud-based business intelligence and analytics tool.
- Cloudera (www.cloudera.com): Cloudera provides software, training, and support for the Apache Hadoop framework.
- Couchbase (http://couchbase.com): Couchbase is a NoSQL document database for interactive web applications.
- EMC (http://bigdatablog.emc.com): EMC is a hardware vendor providing storage for on-site big data analytics processing.
- Google (http://research.google.com): Google has a host of tools and services that helps developers deliver big data solutions. BigQuery is one of those products, focused solely on big data. It also offers visualization ...