Stop juggling and start managing everything you need to do at home and at work.
It used to be simple before kids: Say yes to everything, stay late, turn in flawless work, catch up on sleep later. But now you need a different mindset to succeed at work, as a parent, and as a family member.
Getting It All Done can't teach you to be in two places at once, but it provides you with expert advice as you manage the challenges of succeeding at work while making sure your family is housed, fed, healthy, safe, and educated.
You'll learn to:
- Delegate, enlist the help you need, and say no to taking on more
- Put your management skills to work outside the office
- Get more work done with kids at home
- Move on with resilience when you drop the ball
- Navigate the chaos during the busiest times at work and at home
The HBR Working Parents Series with Daisy Dowling, Series Editor, supports readers as you anticipate challenges, learn how to advocate for yourself more effectively, juggle your impossible schedule, and find fulfillment at home and at work. Whether you're up with a newborn or planning the future with your teen, you'll find the practical tips, strategies, and research you need to make working parenthood work for you.
Table of contents
- Series Page
- Title Page
- Introduction: Getting to “All Done”
- Section 1: Strategy for Supper: Bring Your Work Skills Home
- Section 2: Say No to Doing Everything: Put Your Real Priorities First
- Section 3: Getting It All (Mostly) Done: Productivity Tips and Hacks You Need
- Section 4: You Can’t Be in Two Places at Once: Deal with Tough Work-Family Conflicts
- Epilogue: You’ve Got This
- About the Contributors
- Title: Getting It All Done (HBR Working Parents Series)
- Release date: December 2020
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781633699762
You might also like
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …