Need to extract data from a text file or a web page? Or do you want to make your application more flexible with user-defined commands or search strings? Do regular expressions and lex/yacc make your eyes blur and your brain hurt?
Pyparsing could be the solution. Pyparsing is a pure-Python class library that makes it easy to build recursive-descent parsers quickly. There is no need to handcraft your own parsing state machine. With pyparsing, you can quickly create HTML page scrapers, logfile data extractors, or complex data structure or command processors. This Short Cut shows you how!
Table of contents
Getting Started with Pyparsing
- What Is Pyparsing?
- Basic Form of a Pyparsing Program
- "Hello, World!" on Steroids!
- What Makes Pyparsing So Special?
- Parsing Data from a Table—Using Parse Actions and ParseResults
- Extracting Data from a Web Page
- A Simple S-Expression Parser
- A Complete S-Expression Parser
- Parsing a Search String
- Search Engine in 100 Lines of Code
- About the Author
- Title: Getting Started with Pyparsing
- Release date: October 2007
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9780596514235
You might also like
Python Machine Learning By Example - Second Edition
Grasp machine learning concepts, techniques, and algorithms with the help of real-world examples using Python libraries …
Advanced Python Development: Using Powerful Language Features in Real-World Applications
This book builds on basic Python tutorials to explain various Python language features that aren’t routinely …
pytest Quick Start Guide
Learn the pytest way to write simple tests which can also be used to write complex …
The Python 3 Standard Library by Example, Second Edition
Master the Powerful Python 3 Standard Library through Real Code Examples "The genius of Doug's approach …