Ready to join the personal fabrication movement? This hands-on book shows you how to make a wide variety of physical objects with the amazing MakerBot 3D printer. It’s handy when you need a replacement for something lost, broken, or no longer made—like a knob on your stove. You can make things instead of buying them, or solve problems with inventions of your own. The possibilities are endless!
Table of Contents
- Getting Started With MakerBot
- 1. Introduction
2. The House That MakerBot Built
- Make a Better Mousetrap: Inventing Things with a MakerBot
- Moving Physical Objects into the Thingiverse
- What Will You Make?
- 3. Growing Up with MakerBot
- 4. Before You Get a MakerBot
- 5. Meet the MakerBot Replicator 2
- 6. Getting Started Printing
- 7. Your First 10 Things to MakerBot
8. Designing for the MakerBot
- General Design Considerations
- Autodesk 123D
- Going Beyond
9. Scanning in 3D
- What is 3D Scanning?
- 123D Catch
- Cleaning and Repairing Scans for 3D Printing
- Repairing Most Scans
- Repairing Relief Scans by Capping
- Scan Your World
10. Becoming Part of the Thingiverse Community
- What is Thingiverse?
- Becoming a User of Thingiverse
- User Profiles
- Finding Things
- Uploading a Thing
- Tips and Tricks
- A. Suggested Reading and Resources
- B. Glossary
- C. OpenSCAD
- Title: Getting Started with MakerBot
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449338657