In this Getting Started with Node.js training course, expert author Wes Higbee will teach you everything you need to know to begin incorporating Node.js in your development work. This course is designed for the absolute beginner, meaning no prior experience with Node.js is required.
You will start by learning how to productively develop and debug Node.js applications. From there, Wes will teach you how to use npm packages. This video tutorial also covers the dev workflow, and how to find existing projects using npm to leverage in your node applications. Finally, you will learn about WebStorm LiveEdit to quickly load code changes, as well as unhandled exceptions.
Once you have completed this computer based training course, you will have learned everything you need to know to start incorporating Node.js into your development work. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
Table of Contents
- A Simple Web Server
- Using NPM Packages
- Dev Workflow
More About NPM
- NPM Start 00:02:38
- NPM Run 00:02:18
- Finding The Right NPM Package 00:02:40
- Listing Installed Packages 00:01:06
- Getting Help With NPM 00:00:44
- Getting Help For A Package 00:02:43
- NPM Tab Completion 00:02:04
- Installing A Specific Package Version 00:01:16
- Tracking Favorite Packages 00:02:04
- Updating A Package 00:01:51
- Course Wrapup
- Title: Getting Started with Node.js
- Release date: March 2016
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781491954881