Transform your Word skills from not-so-sure beginner to self-assured and confident intermediate in this course on the latest version of the world's most popular word processing application. Microsoft Word 2016 is huge; filled with features that can feel overwhelming to the newbie. Word expert Guy Vaccaro cuts it down to size by guiding you through the basics of creating, editing, saving, and printing Word docs; before focusing on the specific toolsets skilled Word users employ to get their work done quickly and professionally.
Not only will you learn the secrets of formatting, page setup, adding tables and graphics, inserting headers and footers, printing and mail merge, you'll also become comfortable with Word 2016's newest features like its opening interface and Tell Me function.
- Understand how to create, edit, save, and print Word documents
- Learn how to add customized bullets, graphics, and tables to documents
- See how you can improve the look of documents using tools like the Format Painter
- Understand the special tools that correct poor spelling and grammar
- Pick up the cut-copy-paste techniques that speed up workflows
- Explore the advantages of using Word's free cloud storage platform, OneDrive
- Discover the how-to functionality built into Word's new "Tell Me" feature
- Learn about mail merge and the best methods for performing a mail merge
Known for his friendly demeanor and easy to understand teaching style, Guy Vaccaro has trained thousands of people on Microsoft software over the past fifteen years. As an expert on a range of Microsoft products from Office Suite and MS Access to MS Project and more, Guy is the author of thirty seven O'Reilly titles, including Learning Microsoft Excel 2016, Microsoft Project For Software Developers, and Learning SQL.