Chapter 3. Sessions, Windows, and Panes
In the previous chapters, we discussed sessions, windows, and panes; now we are going to dive deeper to understand the differences between them and how they can help in maximizing your productivity.
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- What sessions, windows, and panes are, and how they relate to each other
- How to create multiple sessions and switch between them
- How to create multiple panes
- Zooming panes
- Splitting and resizing panes
- Switching between panes
- Cycling through pane configurations
First, let us have quick overviews of sessions, windows, and panes before we get into how they fit together. We have mentioned them lightly in different contexts now, but they are crucial to understanding ...