A Group is a way to create a new Dimension that gathers different values of another Dimension. A Group is static; you need to modify it manually.
A Group is characterized by the icon.
There are two ways to create a Group:
- Manually, with a menu, when you know in advance how to gather the values.
- Visually, in the view, when there are too many insignificant values.
Let's start by creating a Group, manually, with Sample Superstore:
- Right-click on Sub-Category, go to Create, then click on Group.
- A new window opens where you see the list of the values in that Dimension. In this menu, you can manage the Groups.
- To create a new group of ...