This is the complete course for anybody who wants to get to grips with Talend Open Studio for Data Integration. From the basics of transferring data to complex integration processes, it will give you a head start.
- Develop complex integration jobs without writing code
- Go beyond “extract, transform and load” by constructing end-to-end integrations
- Learn how to package your jobs for production use
Talend Open Studio for Data Integration (TOS) is an open source graphical development environment for creating custom integrations between systems. It comes with over 600 pre-built connectors that make it quick and easy to connect databases, transform files, load data, move, copy and rename files and connect individual components in order to define complex integration processes.
"Getting Started with Talend Open Studio for Data Integration" illustrates common uses and scenarios in a simple, practical manner and, building on knowledge as the book progresses, works towards more complex integration solutions.
TOS is a code generator and so does a lot of the “heavy lifting” for you. As such, it is a suitable tool for experienced developers and non-developers alike. You'll start by learning how to construct some common integrations tasks – transforming files and extracting data from a database, for example. These building blocks form a “toolkit” of techniques that you will learn how to apply in many different situations.
By the end of the book, once complex integrations will appear easy and you will be your organization’s integration expert!
Best of all, TOS makes integrating systems fun!
Table of contents
Getting Started with Talend Open Studio for Data Integration
- Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Talend Open Studio for Data Integration
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
- 1. Knowing Talend Open Studio
- 2. Working with Talend Open Studio
- 3. Transforming Files
- 4. Working with Databases
- 5. Filtering, Sorting, and Other Processing Techniques
6. Managing Files
- Managing local files
- FTP file operations
- 7. Job Orchestration
- 8. Managing Jobs
- 9. Global Variables and Contexts
- 10. Worked Examples
- A. Installing Sample Jobs and Data
- B. Resources
- Title: Getting Started with Talend Open Studio for Data Integration
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849514729
You might also like
Introduction to Python
Intrigued by Python? Learn how to get started with this popular language, whether you’re new to …
Kafka: The Definitive Guide
Every enterprise application creates data, whether it’s log messages, metrics, user activity, outgoing messages, or something …
Learning Python, 5th Edition
Get a comprehensive, in-depth introduction to the core Python language with this hands-on book. Based on …
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …