Once the orders have been processed by the suppliers, they will send back an order status update to the website system, confirming fulfillment. Here are the key features of this process:
- The suppliers FTP files to a directory on the website server. All suppliers follow the same format and the filenames' convention is
[supplier code]_shipped_[timestamp].csv, for example
- The suppliers can supply these files many times per day on a schedule that is not predetermined.
- Once processed, the output file needs to be moved to the website's order status import directory.
- The file required by the website is in XML format and is to be named
- The website has a constraint that an item cannot ...