With Gideros you can develop games for both iOS and Android faster and more simply. This book shows you how with a real-life project you undertake yourself. All that’s required is a little familiarity with Lua.
- Develop engaging iOS and Android mobile games quickly and efficiently
- Build your very first game following practical and easy to understand instructions
- Full of code examples and descriptions to help you master the basics of mobile game development
Have you ever had an interesting idea for a mobile game? Have you ever wanted to jump on the mobile app bandwagon? Developing a mobile game has never been so fun and easy, and with the vast amount of smartphone users, it may also become a profitable thing to do. Gideros is a Lua-based framework that facilitates effortless native iOS and Android application development along with hardware acceleration. Gideros also comes with a built-in box2D physics engine and extended memory management features to make mobile game development a breeze.
Gideros Mobile Game Development shows you how to develop an original and exciting game in Gideros, helping you create your very first project and guiding you through the configuration of settings and assets to help you target devices with different resolutions.
This book teaches you everything you need to know about Gideros, from installing Gideros on your operating system to creating and efficiently managing your Gideros projects and creating your very first game, all with the help of well explained examples.
You will learn how to quickly create game prototypes in Gideros, how to test and set up projects to automatically target devices with different resolutions, and how to polish your prototype with animations, sounds, tweens, and even physics to create your very first cross-platform game.
By the end of this book, you will have learned everything you need to create visually stunning physics and exciting cross-platform games using Gideros.
Table of contents
Gideros Mobile Game Development
- Table of Contents
- Gideros Mobile Game Development
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
1. Setting Up the Environment
- About Gideros
- Installing Gideros
Creating your first project
- Trying out Gideros Studio
- Using the Gideros desktop player
- Displaying graphical objects in Gideros Player
- Managing project settings
- Installing the device player
- Exporting Gideros project
2. Managing Scenes and Gideros OOP
- Setting up our project
- Creating scenes
3. Implementing Game Logic
- Implementing the main game scene
- Managing packs and levels
4. Polishing the Game
- Adding sounds
- Adding high scores
- Creating animated game elements
- Improving gameplay
- Title: Gideros Mobile Game Development
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849696708
You might also like
Godot Engine Game Development Projects
Create interactive cross-platform games with the Godot Engine 3.0 About This Book Learn the art of …
SQL for Microsoft Access, 2nd Edition
SQL for Microsoft Access (2nd Edition) provides a guide to getting the most out of Microsoft …
Foundations of Linear and Generalized Linear Models
A valuable overview of the most important ideas and results in statistical modeling Written by a …
Lua Quick Start Guide
The easiest way to learn Lua programming Key Features The easiest way to learn Lua coding …