Chapter 4. Polishing the Game
Now that we have the basics covered and have a working prototype of our game, let's improve it a bit by adding some of the most common enhancements to both the look and feel of our game and its gameplay.
This chapter will describe how to spice up our game to make it more appealing and alive. Topics covered in this chapter are:
- Adding background music and sound effects to the game
- Using high scores for gamification
- Animating game elements
- Tweening to make the game more dynamic
- Improving gameplay by adding gestures
- Providing ways to players to interact with game elements
Although usually underrated by developers, background music and sound effects are an important part of any game. It sets up the mood and compliments ...