Master the basics to use Git effectively
About This Video
- Explore how Git and GitHub work, along with their basic features
- Learn how to manage commits, branches, merging, and objects in GitHub and Git
- Perform basic operations such as committing changes, pushing to the remote, and merging branches
This course is designed to guide you through working with Git and GitHub. You will start by learning how to install Git and initialize a new Git repository on Windows, Mac, and Linux/Unix systems and then understand how to use it on the command line.
Next, you will learn the four types of objects in Git: blobs, trees, commits, and annotated tags. Each object has a unique SHA1 hash. All objects are stored in the folders. Every object has just a single reference to it-SHA1 hash. Files are stored in blobs. Filenames are stored in other Git objects called trees.
The videos will guide you through making changes, staging them, and committing them afterward. Also, you will learn and practice how to observe commits tree and checkout different commits to “travel in time” between different states of the Git repository.
By the end of this course, you will be well-versed with the basics of Git and GitHub.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Getting Started with Git
- Chapter 3 : Committing Changes in the Git Repository
- Chapter 4 : Branches and Merging
- Chapter 5 : Working with Remote Repository at GitHub
- Chapter 6 : Exploring Git objects
- Chapter 7 : Summary
- Title: Git and GitHub Crash Course
- Release date: June 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781801813709
You might also like
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Tiny Python Projects
The projects are tiny, but the rewards are big: each chapter in Tiny Python Projects challenges …