In this Git for Visual Studio training course, expert author Edward Thomson will teach you how to use the Git support in Visual Studio to track and share changes. This course is designed for users that already have a basic working knowledge of Git.
You will start by learning how to create, open, and clone a repository. From there, Edward will teach you how to work with local repositories. This video tutorial also covers branching and merging, working with remote repositories, and working with Visual Studio Online. Finally, you will learn how to work with GitHub and interact with command-line tools, including adding custom Git commands to Visual Studio and using the Visual Studio merge tool from Git.
Once you have completed this computer based training course, you will have learned how to set up, manage, and work with repositories.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Working With Local Repositories
- Branching And Merging
Working With Remote Repositories
- Introduction To Remote Repositories 00:01:26
- Creating A Branch From A Remote Branch 00:03:16
- Downloading Changes - Fetching 00:03:17
- Downloading Changes - Pulling 00:02:36
- Uploading Your Changes - Pushing 00:04:08
- Uploading Your Changes - Syncing 00:02:55
- Working With Multiple Remotes And Deploying To A Hosting Platform 00:03:21
- Working With Visual Studio Online
- Working With GitHub
- Interacting With Command Line Tools
- Conclusion 00:02:21
- Title: Git for Visual Studio
- Release date: December 2015
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781771375221