In this Git for Web Developers training course, expert author Lorna Mitchell will teach you how to create a project, collaborate with others, and integrate with CI and deployment tools. This course is designed for users that already have web development experience, although experience with Git is not required.
You will start by learning how to set up your projects with Git, including how to configure your Git tools, clone an existing project, and work with multiple remotes. From there, Lorna teaches you how to source control your work, collaborate with Git, and use Git to improve your development workflow. Finally, this video tutorial teaches you how to deliver projects with help from Git.
Once you have completed this computer based training course, you will be fully capable of integrating Git into your web development projects. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
Table of Contents
Setting Up Your Projects With Git
- Git - Modern Source Control 00:02:17
- Configuring Your Git Tools 00:08:15
- Cloning An Existing Project 00:05:24
- Creating A Fresh Repository 00:04:22
- Bringing An Existing Project Into Git 00:05:52
- Handling Dependency Management Files 00:02:57
- Git Hosting Platforms 00:04:42
- Forking Repositories 00:06:26
- Working With Multiple Remotes 00:04:58
- Source Controlling Your Work
- Collaborating With Git
- Use Git To Improve Development Workflow
- Delivering Projects With Help From Git
- Where Next?
- Title: Git Fundamentals for Web Developers
- Release date: June 2015
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781771374422